February 5 – 7, 2024
BURKE MOUNTAIN, Vermont
The ski area has two main sections of terrain.
The “Lower Mountain” consists of mostly Beginner terrain and is accessed by a high-speed detachable quad chairlift. There is also a “Bunny Slope” accessed by a J-bar surface lift. A beginner carpet lift was installed in 2010 to make the learning progression easier for first time skiers. There are a couple of terrain parks and a beginner glade (Enchanted Forest) as well.
The “Upper Mountain” consists of Intermediate and Advanced terrain. Trails on the upper mountain are accessed via two lifts, a Leitner-Poma platter lift and a high-speed quad. Trails vary from wide open groomed runs (Upper/Lower Dipper, Upper/Lower Willoughby), to steep ungroomed trails (Doug’s Drop), to glades (Caveman, Throbulator, Jungle). The intermediate/expert East Bowl trail is considered to be a signature “old New England style” trail due to its long, narrow, winding nature.
Unlike a lot of slope-side hotels, there’s not a bad view from the Burke Mountain Hotel. This is a ski in/ski out property. Plus, out every room is a view of either the mountain or Willoughby Gap. Sit at the window, turn on the gas fireplace and it’s like you have a slope-side cabin all to yourself.
Some of the amenities included: The View Pub, Bear Essentials, Hot Tub, Fitness Center, Laundry facility.
Registration and Payment Policy
- All spots for this trip will be filled on a First Come/First Served basis
- Full payment for the trip is due upon registration
- Trip participants must be an active members of the AE Ski Club for the 2023/2024 season in order to register
- If the trip sells out, we will start a waiting list
- If for any reason you must cancel your trip, you must notify the trip leader. Refunds are not guaranteed if we are not able to find someone to fill your spot.
- Refunds are available up until 90 days prior to the trip – November 7, 2024
- Every effort will be made to substitute from the waiting list for anyone who must cancel.
- 2 nights lodging at Burke Mountain Resort
- Ski in/Ski out accommodations
- Lift Passes
- Breakfast daily (2)
- 3-Day Lift Pass (Burke is not on the IKON or EPIC pass)
- All taxes and fees
What’s NOT Included
- *Transportation: *This is a U-Drive trip (approximately 3.5 hours)
- Lunch & Dinner
- Phone: (860) 256-5152
Feel free to contact me for more details on any aspect of the trip.
If you are purchasing by VENMO it is important that you click the “Place Order” button to complete the transaction on our website. The VENMO payment transaction can be made after placing the order on our site.